Imagine that all electronic devices are born with their own individual device-id, to distinguish them on the Internet. The unique device-id would work like the URL of web pages, email addresses and Skype™ caller-ids, allowing any device to be instantly recognizable.
With the device-id, you can seamlessly connect to the device, and read or visualize the data inside it. The data helps you to understand the usage, operation and working environment of the device, letting you make better and faster decisions. Based on this new knowledge, and the ability to link to the device, you can easily issue commands to alter the behavior of the device and the operations it controls, making your environment safer and more comfortable. As a company, you might even be able to develop new business models and revenue, or create new, better products, based on the information you have accessed from the device.
It is our mission to make this vision a reality:
We believe the way to do this is by creating an ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) infrastructure, based on a Peer-To-Peer distributed technological approach. This approach may be challenging, but it creates an awesome solution. We believe it offers so many advantages that it is worth the investment of time and energy to create a truly innovative product.
Our customers are vendors of electronic devices, who share our vision of making products Internet accessible, and creating real value for the consumer.
What makes Nabto’s solutions unique?
Nabto provides a P2P device connection infrastructure that delivers simple, seamless local and remote connectivity to ‘Internet of Things’ devices. Each device is identified by a unique, vendor specified ID. End-users, installers and automatic data-collectors effortlessly create a secure, online, interactive connection to the device meaning the data in the device can be accessed, or commands to the device can be issued.
Nabto was founded by software developers and still has a very technical focus. We help our customers by providing them with a high quality software platform that makes it easier to reach their goal of giving their end-users full control and access to our customers products.
Our organisation is flat and power of decisions is distributed to the person who needs to do the job.
What we value and honor
Our origins is northern europe (Scandinavia) and thus we value and honor:
- Credibillity – When we promise something we will do anything in our power to make it happen. If it happens not to be possible within current means, we will communicate early and honestly
- Goal creation – It’s important to set goals and meet them. Therefore It’s also okay to say no, this way you ensure you can meet your promises
- Shared ownership – Decisions is done best by the ones needed to take action
- Positivity – Be positive and in good spirit. Cloudy and rainy days also bring value and work needs to be done anyway (please look up the weather stats for Denmark and understand why this is important).
- Quality is extremely important – When you deliver a platform to many customers a single error is multiplied. Rather deliver fewer features that work than many features with error.